Saturday, January 19, 2008

Voodoo Juice



Friday's tiki quest takes us to The Tonga Hut on Victory Blvd. in North Hollywood.



My drink of choice there is the Voodoo Juice. Which is a fiendish concoction of various bits of liquid exotica...(which nicely fills my tiki mug that I can proudly say "lives" at The Tonga Hut). They also have an nice jukebox with quite an eclectic bit of music, which includes Martin Denny, Esquivel, and Herb Alpert. The people there are a nice group, ranging from long (and I mean LONG) time regulars to a newer, tikier group of regulars. Tracy, Trevor and Megan are the bartenders and can mix up a tiki drink chickity-boom!



My second bit of rum paradise with the Mai Tai.



This one I didn't have served in my mug because I wanted to enjoy it's beautiful color.

The Tonga Hut is a very enjoyable, must visit oasis, which, (as Jeremy the owner likes to point out), is the oldest faux-Polynesian bar in Los Angeles...(established a few years earlier than Tiki Ti).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Magick Films' Recommended Reading